A personal organizer, datebook, date log, daybook, day planner, personal analog assistant, book planner, year planner, or agenda (from Latin agenda – things to do), is a small book or binder that is designed to be portable. It usually contains a diary, calendar, address book, blank paper, and other sections. The organizer is a personal tool and may also include pages with useful information, such as maps and telephone codes. It is related to the separate desktop stationery items that have one or more of the same functions, such as appointment calendars, rolodexes, notebooks, and almanacs.
By the end of the 20th century, paper-and-binder personal organizers started to be replaced by electronic devices such as personal digital assistants (PDAs), personal information manager software, and online organizers. This process has accelerated in the beginning of the 21st century with the advent of smartphones, tablet computers, smartwatches and a variety of mobile apps which enhance the potential for personal organisation and productivity
- Bullet journal – Journal often used as a handmade personal organizer
- Calendaring software or digital calendar – Electronic version of a calendar
- Circa Notebook – Binding often used for personal organizers
- Day-Timer – American manufacturer
- Filofax – UK company
- Franklin Planner – Commercial personal organizer
- Hipster PDA – Pen and paper pad created as a way of criticizing the modern obsession with digital organizers
- Psion Organiser – Palmtop pocket computer from Psion
- Time management – Process of planning and exercising conscious control of time spent on specific activities
- Farlex (2018). "The Free Dictionary: personal organizer". Retrieved 4 January 2018.
- "FILOFAX English Definition and Meaning". Lexico.com. Archived from the original on August 6, 2020. Retrieved 2022-08-24.
- Lyfeguard (n.d.), "7 Essential Personal Organisation Tools for 2023", https://lyfeguard.com/articles/personal-information/organisation-tools-2023, Retrieved 02 January 2023