Network management is the process of administering and managing computer networks. Services provided by this discipline include fault analysis, performance management, provisioning of networks and maintaining quality of service. Network management software is used by network administrators to help perform these functions.
A small number of accessory methods exist to support network and network device management. Network management allows IT professionals to monitor network components within large network area. Access methods include the SNMP, command-line interface (CLI), custom XML, CMIP, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI), Transaction Language 1 (TL1), CORBA, NETCONF, and the Java Management Extensions (JMX).
- Application service management
- Business service management
- Capacity management
- Comparison of network monitoring systems
- In-network management
- ITIL – Set of practices for Information Technology (IT) development, management and support.
- Integrated business planning
- Network and service management taxonomy
- Network monitoring
- Network traffic measurement
- Out-of-band management
- Systems management
- Website monitoring
- "What is Syslog? Understanding the Complexities of Network Management". networkmanagementhub.com. Archived from the original on 2016-02-21. Retrieved 2015-11-21.