|Meritorious Team Commendation|
|Awarded for||"[D]isplay cohesion and teamwork noticeable to upper echelon commanders."|
Department of Homeland Security
|Eligibility||Coast Guard units and teams|
|Established||22 December 1993|
|Next (higher)||Army, Naval Service, and Coast Guard: Meritorious Unit Commendations|
Air and Space Forces: Meritorious Unit Award
|Next (lower)||Army: Superior Unit Award|
Naval Service: Navy "E" Ribbon
Air and Space Forces: Air and Space Outstanding Unit Award
Coast Guard: Coast Guard "E" Ribbon
The Meritorious Team Commendation (MTC) is a unit award of the United States Coast Guard. Created on 22 December 1993, the Meritorious Team Commendation is awarded for performance of exceptional actions that would normally warrant a Commandant's Letter of Commendation if recognizing an individual. Recognized groups must also display cohesion and teamwork noticeable to upper echelon commanders. The MTC is awarded to groups or teams that are not identifiable by OPFAC as a United States Coast Guard unit. The MTC may be awarded to military personnel, Coast Guard Auxiliarists, and civilians.
The ribbon is primarily scarlet in color, with Old Glory Blue edges 9⁄64 in (3.6 mm) wide. In the center there are four white stripes 1⁄16 in (1.6 mm) wide, spaced 1⁄32 in (0.79 mm) apart.
For civilians there is a lapel pin that is awarded in lieu of a service ribbon. The lapel pin is in the shape of an isosceles triangle 5⁄8 in (16 mm) wide with a height of 9⁄16 in (14 mm). The pin is nickel plated with red and blue enameled surfaces referencing the pattern of the service ribbon.
Additional awards of the Meritorious Team Commendation are denoted by award stars with the award authorized to all Team Coast Guard units. For those Coast Guard commands who are awarded the Meritorious Team Commendation under field operating conditions, the Operational Distinguishing Device is authorized.
- https://media.defense.gov/2017/Mar/29/2001723556/-1/-1/0/CIM_1650_25E.PDF[bare URL PDF]
- "U.S. Coast Guard Ribbons & Devices" (PDF). United States Coast Guard. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
- "Coast Guard Military Medals and Awards Manual COMDTINST M1650.25E" (PDF). United States Coast Guard. 15 August 2016. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
- "MIL-DTL-11589 Ribbon, Meritorious Team Commendation Award, U.S. Coast Guard". Defense Logistics Agency Quick Search Assist. Defense Standardization Program. 18 June 2015. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
- "MIL-DTL-11484 Lapel Button, Meritorious Team Commendation Award, U.S. Coast Guard". Defense Logistics Agency Quick Search Assist. Defense Standardization Program. 19 October 2015. Retrieved 9 April 2017.
5⁄8 inch (16 mm)