|Born||April 4, 1963|
Nakano, Tokyo, Japan
He originally began as an assistant to hentai manga artist Dirty Matsumoto, and then as an assistant to manga artist Izumi Matsumoto in the production of Kimagure Orange Road, creating his own stories in his spare time. He debuted in Weekly Shonen Jump with two short stories, Binetsu Rouge (in 1987) and Virgin Tyrant (in 1988). He has also supervised, co-written and illustrated three Bastard!! related novels for the Jump! J Books imprint.
His group of assistants are called Studio Loud In School. They regularly publish a best-selling dōjinshi, Wonderful Megadeth, as well as various dōjinshi featuring popular fighting games such as Dead or Alive, Virtua Fighter and various Capcom games. In 2012, he designed the armor for two jobs (Geomancer and Rune Fencer) in the 2013 Final Fantasy XI expansion, Seekers of Adoulin.
Hagiwara is a high school drop-out, however he is a graduate from Tokyo Designer Gakuin College.
|Bastard!! Heavy Metal, Dark Fantasy||1988–present||Serialized in Weekly Shonen Jump, later irregularly in Ultra Jump
Published by Shueisha in 27 volumes
|Combustible Campus Guardress||1994||Character design, original video animation|
|Final Fantasy XI - Seekers of Adoulin||2013||Character design, video game expansion pack|||
|Endride||2016||Character design, TV anime|
- Thompson, Jason (September 11, 2014). "House of 1000 Manga – Kimagure Orange Road". Anime News Network. Archived from the original on September 12, 2014. Retrieved February 22, 2017.
- "Final Fantasy XI Seekers of Adoulin Info Page". Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- "著者：萩原一至" [Author: Kazushi Hagiwara]. Media Arts Database (in Japanese). Japan: Agency for Cultural Affairs. Retrieved February 9, 2016.
- Official website (in Japanese)
- Kazushi Hagiwara on Twitter (in Japanese)
- Kazushi Hagiwara at Anime News Network's encyclopedia